UoN Services Limited (the U) are offering a 20 week (160 hours total) Industry Scholarship (Sustainability) worth $2880 for semester 1 2014, with the option to renew in semester 2 for a further 20 weeks. Apply for the scholarship to get involved in Campus Life in order to get invaluable hands on industry experience while building your résumé. Download the position description for 2014 here.
- Assist in creating and monitoring a viable model for introduction of sustainability initiatives by the UoNS ESIS Program.
- Assist with the development of operational planning and implementation of ESIS sustainability initiatives to be delivered by UoNS.
- Assist with disseminating information, running workshops, attracting student volunteers and acting as an advocate for UoN, UoNS, the ESIS Program, and its initiatives.
- Assist with the selection of sustainability initiatives and translate strategic ESIS decisions into action.
- Assist in optimising the working relationship with the University and stakeholders of any ESIS communication initiatives.
- Assist in initiating and scoping research to review the existing market in order to maximise the campus experience and to enhance the value and image of ESIS sustainability projects.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP ARE:
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and ability to engage with students on campus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software MS Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Demonstrated activity and interest in sustainability issues.
- Skills in evaluating, developing and implementing strategies for ensuring the successful operation of student focused sustainability initiatives in a University environment.
- Ability to develop and coordinate own project.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and autonomously.
- Current enrolment as a student of the University of Newcastle.
Have a look at what our previous Sustainability Industry Scholar has been working on!
Pasqualina Perone (Sustainability Scholar)
Having a scholarship with UoN Services has allowed me to explore many different ways of promoting sustainability on campus, through things like establishing a community garden, composting and phone recycling, as well as helping to organise Green Week which will be happening in June of this year. Aside from that, the people in the office are warm and supportive, and it provides invaluable experience for future job applications.
Stay up to date by reading the Industry Scholar Blog!
Or listen to Emily, our previous Sustainability Industry Scholar tell us what she thought of her experience working with the U!