Engagement (Central Coast )
UoN Services Limited (the U) are offering a 20 week (160 hours total) Industry Scholarship (Engagement, Central Coast) worth $2880 for semester 1 2014, with the option to renew in semester 2 for a further 20 weeks. Apply for the scholarship to get involved in Campus Life in order to get invaluable hands on industry experience while building your résumé. Download the position description for 2014 here.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Assist in creating and monitoring a viable model for introduction of communication initiatives UoNS
- Assist with the development of operational planning and implementation of ESIS communication initiatives to be delivered by UoNS
- Assist with the creation of student and staff experiences that enable purpose, participation and a sense of community
- Assist with distributing information, running workshops, attracting student volunteers and acting as an advocate for UoN, UoNS, the ESIS Program, and its initiatives
- Assist in the development and operational planning of student events and activities
- Assist in optimising the working relationship with the University and stakeholders of any ESIS communication initiatives
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP ARE:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to engage with students on campus
- Experience with Microsoft Office software MS Word/Excel/Outlook
- Demonstrated activity and interest in campus life and student engagement
- Skills in evaluating, developing and implementing strategies for ensuring a successful ESIS communication program in a University environment
- Ability to manage workload effectively and autonomously
- Current enrolment as a student of the University of Newcastle
Applications have closed for semester 1 2014 intake. Stay tuned for the semester 2 scholarships.
Stay up to date with the current Industry Scholars at UoN Services by reading the Industry Scholar Blog!