Think you know what ‘arts’ or ‘creative’ means? Think again! The totally free Create 2308 festival contains ideas and projects that will challenge your traditional thoughts on art and surprise you. Come together with your fellow students and staff and celebrate the diverse range of vibrant and expressive talent we have right here on campus.
RSVP for the event on Facebook and feel free to invite your UoN friends.
The program for the week involves plenty of chances for you to get involved with the creative side of our 2308 community, or be surprised by what’s around you. Here’s a taste of what you might stumble across any time during the week long Create 2308 festival this September:
- Pose for a quick portrait in the Godfrey Tanner Bar with an artist from the Watt Space Student Committee. Artists - Skye Jacobsen & Barbie Procobis
- Learn about the research ideas and projects of Business and Law RHD students at Graphic Spin. Graphic Spin is exhibited in the Uni Gallery (10am -5pm all week) and you’re invited to vote in the people’s choice awards.
- Head to the foyer in the AT Building from Tuesday to check out the showcase of staff talent at UoN – the tables will be turned when students judge their work! Staff interested in submitting work can find out more here.
- At the Ceramics Building you will find Mud and Fire where a mural is being created at the entrance to the building. The mural will be assembled over the week.
- Join in the Post-It Note Pina-rty all week in the Hunter Courtyard. Write a note and contribute to the process from sculpture to piñata. On Friday at 11am, the Post-It Note Pina-rty will be destroyed! Designers – Sam Tremabarth & Owen Kelly
- Also hiding in plain site are many sculptures on display or still under construction from the Holubic – interactive hug sculpture behind the Chancellery to the Giant Bees in the Community Garden and the Hippocampus in the Shortland Building. Download a map and go for a wander around campus.
- Spatial Rendering – Sculptor - Braddon Snape
- Successful in all walks of life – Artist - Jacqueline Larcombe
- These Bees – Artist – Angela Geddes
- Seahorse Artwork – Artist – Emma Stronarch
- Holubic – Artist – Jane Smolinski
- Watch out for the giant stilt puppets set to be roaming the campus all week – they are a collaboration between UoN students in many fields from Visual Arts to Performing Arts, to Environmental Science and Design (Puppet Designer: Tim Kellaway)
- Or stumble upon a Drama Society Street Theatre Performance – you never know where their next scene may be set!
- All campus community members are invited to have your say about art and the Create 2308 festival in the Quoto Booth! This is your chance for a sneaky selfie or to grab a Create 2308 festival souvenir! The best photos and quotes will be shared online.